​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: discreet camping spot advice please

Working on the northerly route to Ballater right now Humphrey. And your suggested camp spot could be right on the money, Colin. You deserve an OBE for all those details.
Getting so excited. It's a lovely feeling to do the planning without the prospect of being 94th on the standby list.

Further to Humph's message; I'm afraid that the Fetteresso is becoming less spooky by the day as the FC harvest vast swathes of it - I'm starting to wonder if it will still be classified as a forest next May.

Joy, if the weather is seriously good, what about up to Carn an t-Sagairt Mor and over the tops to Lochnagar? Must confess I didn't stop overnight, but surely there are discreet spots up there! Or have you been there too often before?

Hello there Jean
Yes, I've been that way. A grand route.
Are you into planning yours yet?

thanks for that Colin.

Me and about ten mates have decided to camp at this nice quiet spot on this years chally....thanks !

Oh, bu........er!

The minute I pressed the "send" button I thought to myself that I should have asked Joy to keep this info strictly to herself. Can you imagine hordes and hordes and yet more hordes of smelly, orrible,dishevelled, bedraggled, unwashed, unkempt, beer drinking, dehydrated food-munching, vetter-bashing ordinary Challengers turning up and spoiling the sublime bliss of these idyllic pitches????

yuk!,

cj

ps Pete, who did you say was vetting your route next year?

It's all right Colin.
I'll get there early and put up the razor wire.