​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Animal Traps on the TGO Challenge

I suggest we all have a Great Big Group Hug.

There. That's better.

If we have a Tourism Minister who is so proud of the income from nature and wildlife tourism, can he not do something about all those windfarms and mega-pylons??

Ah Jean, the wonders of Scottish politics!

Fergus Ewing is Minister for Energy, Enterprise & Tourism.

So with one hat on he says he wants more wind farms, with another hat he doles out money (yours, that is) to build them and with his third hat he takes pretty pictures of the Highlands that don't include any turbines at all.

Fergus "used to be a member of the the Lomond Mountain Rescue Team, and has climbed around two thirds of Scotland's Munroes."

That's taken from his bio on the Scottish Government's own website. LINK

You would have thought he would have known better.

Alan, do you think we could entice him on to the Challenge? That might change the course of Scottish politics - what a record for the GOC!

alan.sloman

Fergus "used to be a member of the the Lomond Mountain Rescue Team, and has climbed around two thirds of Scotland's Munroes."

So I reckon Fergus has climbed all Munroes for two thirds...got a bit scared a turned back down again.

Theo

A clarification:
Earlier in the thread I mentioned that the RSPCA should be one of the agencies that could be contacted. It's been pointed out to me that in Scotland this should be the SSPCA.

Re: Animal Traps on the TGO Challenge: BUMP!

With the 2013 Challenge shortly upon us, now's a good time to remind Challengers about legal and illegally set animal traps and what to do if you find an illegal trap.

LINK