​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I miss the TGO

JJ,

As they used to say in the helicopter business..... you are as smooth as greased weasel droppings when it comes to the ladies!!!!!

AofA

Anon of Aberdeenshire
JJ,

As they used to say in the helicopter business..... you are as smooth as greased weasel droppings when it comes to the ladies!!!!!

AofA

Now now Colin, John has enough problems without you pointing out anymore of his inadequacies.

Ian C.

Hi Lynsey

Thanks for your comments, I enjoyed seeing pictures of you and the wee one on someone's blog. I stayed vaguely on route from Inverie to Braemar, apart from when I was lost, but torn ligaments required smooth and level so I re-routed to the Deeside Way (why is it called that, I only saw the river twice!) and hirpled into Aberdeen. However it doesn't matter how you get over as long as you do. You looked like you were having a good crossing in the pictures. Maybe see you next year! Liz

Liz I promise that's my normal walking speed! If you recall you caught up with me twice on the way to Sourlies.
Clive and Grant didn't get to do any fishing, indeed Grant offloaded the fishing rod part way across along with some other kit he wasn't using. Tough bloke. They got food poisoning and all sorts but still finished.
The camaraderie really surprised me and turned what could easily have been a 2 week slog into something I'll definitely do again, hopefully in 2014. With a lighter pack. And less food. And two good ankles!

Andy Williams
Liz I promise that's my normal walking speed! If you recall you caught up with me twice on the way to Sourlies.
Clive and Grant didn't get to do any fishing, indeed Grant offloaded the fishing rod part way across along with some other kit he wasn't using. Tough bloke. They got food poisoning and all sorts but still finished.
The camaraderie really surprised me and turned what could easily have been a 2 week slog into something I'll definitely do again, hopefully in 2014. With a lighter pack. And less food. And two good ankles!

The camaraderie really surpised me too. I was an unintentional solo walker and meeting Andy, Clive and Grant near the end of the wet and wild Sunday and walking with them into Fort Augustus on the Monday was the highlight of my short TGOC experience.

Seeing Keith in the July Mag brought a big grin to my face remembering the hostel at Mallaig and his hip flask :)

Like Andy I was thinking 2014 as we have a new arrival thats due, but now 2013 seems like a good idea