​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Route of the Year

Hi John and Alan. Yes, sure, I'll report when I get a chance. And I'll try to learn to do something a bit less amateurish than my usual - something involving maps maybe! I've been having a busy time since return; had just got all my grubby stuff clean & dried when I went down with something that effectively flattened me for a week. When normally blessed with unfairly good health, one doesn't take kindly to that.... So there's rather a lot of catching up to do, and we've had family celebrations too.

I think "they" must have taken pity on me, after two years in the runners-up lists.....

At least in a way this releases me from my own compulsion to try every year to go mainly where I've never been before: already stated my intention to do the most sociable route possible for my 10th! D'you reckon I'll be sober enough to reach Montrose??

Nope!

JJ

Jean -

Don't you go worrying if you can't do something whizzy and technical with maps and things.

You just name the places you went, and we'll look them up on our own paper maps

Very kind, Jeremy, but I actually enjoy what I've had to learn to do when pushed (I used to be a whiz with classical music software but I fear that may have moved on & left me behind recently too), and I really want to get to grips with this.

So humour me for a few weeks while I hit the "how-tos" (I reckon I learn faster in the long run if I have to do it for myself, even if it's tempting to ask someone to send a doodlecat for some private tutorials.....).
I just need to find some TIME to get stuck in: why did I ever think there'd be lots of spare time after I retired???