​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kate Wood - some very sad news

A lovely and beautiful lady, sadly missed. My thoughts are with you Tim, please try to be strong.

Very sad news indeed, our thoughts are with Tim and all the family. We shall already remember Kate as a very happy person who was always smiling. Her (and Tim's) enthusiasm for the Challenge was huge and the planning of routes over the winter brought as much fun as the walk itself. A truly wonderful woman.

I am so very sorry to hear that.
It has not been a good year for Challengers.
A very lovely lady, who will be missed by many.

My thoughts to Tim and family.

A sweet soul who brought joy and happiness to all who met her, Kate will be sorely missed. Heartfelt sympathy to Tim and family in these times.

Our sincere condolences to Tim and the Wood family on the recent passing of Kate. It was always a pleasure being in her company.

I have read this notice with a heavy heart. I have known Kate only fairly recently, as in all our Challenges our routes seemed never to have crossed.

I found Kate to be a ray of sunshine: A caring, kind soul and I know she will be sorely missed.

My deepest sympathies go out to Tim and his family.

Kate, looking after everyone at Mar Lodge on last year's Challenge.

I am sorry to read this news. Kate was always a friendly familiar face on the Challenge. Sincere condolences.

Very sorry to hear the sad news about Kate. She was always smiling and cheerful when we encountered her. She will be sorely missed.

Our condolences to Tim and the family.

Norma & John

Alan, what a delightful and absolutely typical photograph: Kate smiling happily and looking after everyone. She and Tim were among the first fellow-Challengers I really got to know: that year, Tim (slender and very tall) had had serious back problems but they were both so determined to do the Challenge that Kate (slender and very tiny) carried the bulk of the camping gear. The pack was almost taller than she was!

Then at the Challenge reunion in Newtonmore: Tim and Kate being the most graceful dancers in the ballroom, and such a joy to watch.

Kate was unique.

Yet another great of the Challenge family passes on... a really kind, caring and committed member of our Club who will be greatly missed. My deepest condolences to Tim and his family.

Colin Tock

I first met Kate and Tim on the long road between Linn of Dee and Braemar. This was on my first challenge, C25 when we all were wearing the beige baseball caps. On seeing my cap they saluted me! Kate was a lovely lady, I met her quite a few times and it was always a joy. One of life's lovely people. If you read this Tim my thoughts are with you.

She will be sorely missed.Small in stature, big in heart.

My thoughts go out to Tim and family.

May we add our twopennorth, despite our humble status as Non-Challengers?
We have only known Kate for a few years as neighbour and friend but how she brightened up our lives with her charm, grace and sense of humour.
We send loving sympathy to Tim and the family and deep admiration for all Challengers.
David and Barbara in Ainsdale

To me Kate was the spirit of the Challenge personified. Always friendly, cheerful and fun but determined that she would finish no matter what the elements threw at her. She will be missed. My thoughts are with Tim and the family.

Ian C.

I met Kate briefly on my first Challenge last year and remember her cheerfulness and enthusiasm.
Sincere condolences to Tim and the family.
Emma

Kate was my hero on my first Challenge in 2010 - our paths crossed a lot - always smiling and with a huge pack on her back despite being tiny, she and Tim would usually speed past me and I would catch them up as they enjoyed tea and a scone. I was truly amazed by her speed and strength. Tim - my heartfelt sympathy to the passing of a very strong and positive lady who was always cheerful and offered me lots of help

How very sad and we join with everyone else in sending great sympathy to her family. We remember meeting Tim and Kate when they had finished what I think was their first Challenge and they were enjoying a cuppa at the little cafe on the corner in St. Cyrus. A lovely lady who will be sorely missed by all the "Challenge Family"

Here are a couple of pictures of Tim and Kate at the end of their 10th Challenge in 2008. They are among my favourite Challenge pictures. To me they just sum up the spirit of the Challenge.

Tim & Kate Wood

Tim and Kate Wood

Ian C.

Such sad news.
Kate was a truly special person - gentle but tough, delicate but strong, tiny but with a big smile and even bigger heart.
She will be sorely missed. My thoughts are with you Tim.
Ali

So sad to hear about Kate. We met her in 1999 on our first Challenge and most other years as well. The last time was in the Easter Balmoral village cafe on its last day as a cafe.
It was always a great joy to meet up with her and Tim.

Peter and Barbara