​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A huge thanks.

If you happened to met me during the last 4 days of my first challenge I was the one crawling along with a sprained ankle, which brings me to my point. I was stunned by the kindness and generosity of challengers in general but a few went above and beyond the call of duty and made it possible for me to reach the coast. Sandy and Carol gave me pain killers that made my last few days a comfortable step short of the hell it would have been otherwise, and in Montrose Chris from Cardiff gave me some pills that made it possible to get to the toilet block and back. A bloke whose name escapes me donated some insanely strong ibuprofen in Shielin of Mark too. Beyond them though I had offers of hot drinks, compression bandages and even offers to carry my pack. Amazing. On the last day a challenger (called Keith I think but I'm terrible with names) paced me all the way into St Cyrus at a much slower pace than he was capable of maintaining and the conversation helped no end. So to everyone I ran into during those last few days who helped with support and encouragement a thousand thanks. I'm already musing over a 2014 crossing but don't tell the Mrs ok?

Re: A huge thanks.

Hi Andy,

How nice to see you on the forum. I've just packaged up your maps ready for sending after the Bank Holiday. I hope the ankle is improving (like mine, slowly probably) and Gabrielle has forgiven you for coming back wounded.

Kind regards

Liz

Andy - that's the Challenge and Challengers for you! It's a large part of what it's all about, in fact.

Sounds like you were unlucky, Andy. I too had a mishap, a broken ankle about 4km from the summit of Carn an Fhildleir (I didn't know it was broken then). 24hrs rest didn't help much (and the 5km walk certainly didn't!) Airlifted beyond the summit to Inverness-exciting! Leg still in pot (groan) and with severe walking withdrawal symptoms. I won't tell your Mrs about 2014 if you don't tell mine!

Hi Andy

Nice to meet you on the board.

It was incredible how you pushed yourself through the last days - deep respect. I hope, your ankle is ok.

All the best to you from Germany and perhaps see you 2014....

Liz Robertson
Hi Andy,

How nice to see you on the forum. I've just packaged up your maps ready for sending after the Bank Holiday. I hope the ankle is improving (like mine, slowly probably) and Gabrielle has forgiven you for coming back wounded.

Kind regards

Liz

Hello you! No rush on the maps, I'll not need them before 2014. I'm getting there, I can cross the house without a stick now and even went for a mile stroll this afternoon. It was ridiculously slow but it's much, much better than a week ago.

Michael Zimmermann
Hi Andy

Nice to meet you on the board.

It was incredible how you pushed yourself through the last days - deep respect. I hope, your ankle is ok.

All the best to you from Germany and perhaps see you 2014....

Hi Michael, I'd meant to walk over for a chat before you left but I was very slow getting up and I missed you both leaving. Hope you had a decent trip home, if I get onto the 2014 list I'll keep an eye out for you, it seemed I kept meeting you all the way across!

Andy Williams

Hi Michael, I'd meant to walk over for a chat before you left but I was very slow getting up and I missed you both leaving. Hope you had a decent trip home, if I get onto the 2014 list I'll keep an eye out for you, it seemed I kept meeting you all the way across!

Hi Andy

Sorry for that! We dind't want to wake you up and had to get on the train (with a good brakfast at the cafe before) So look after your ankle and keep on walkin'

Cheers - Michael-