​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another TGOC report

Day 10 .....but I'm going to bed now!

JJ

All written up....apart from the conclusion, oh, and the report on the rest of the Day 14 - which will have to wait for a day or so. I feel the need for a long, brain-straightening walk tomorrow.

That's just what I'm going to do.

Enjoy.

JJ

Thank you, John, for a very entertaining read. Well done to both of you for finishing under very trying circumstances!

Enjoyed your write-up, JJ. I think I was the lone Akto you spotted at Shiel of Glentanar on your Day 12. I'd come from Ballater, and thought about going on over Mount Keen, but it was a great camp-site, the weather was glorious, and I wasn't due in Montrose till Friday - so why rush? Pat and I had met you and Louise earlier in the Challenge at Pait Lodge. Unfortunately Pat had to withdraw at Drumnadrochit and I carried on alone. I thought it was two Challenges in one: week 1 - cold, wet, and windy: week 2 - hot,dry and sunny. I know which I prefer!

Hi
I'm planning to do the TGO Challenge in 2016 and have already started the planning - just hope I get in and don't have to wait till 2017!!
I want to break my trip between Balleter and Tarfside and I'm planning to camp at the ruins - Shiel of Glentanar.
I note from your post you have camped in the Shiel of Glentanar. Are the ruins a good place to camp ?

You'll be spoilt for choice. Its almost like a cricket pitch! I camped there this year.

http://blogpackinglight.wordpress.com/2014/06/01/tgo-challenge-2014-day-11/

Awesome!

Hi Robin - thanks for that.
I can't understand how I've missed your blog - been doing nothing but searching
and reading for the last 8 weeks.
Looks like I've now got more to go at!!!

Ian Sommerville is always very helpful with lists of blogs and lots of local information
http://iansommerville.com/blog/tgoc-14-a-list-of-blogs/