​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THREE CHEERS FOR OSPREY

Just a quick line to reflect my increased admiration for Osprey - makers of Jolly Good Rucksacks. Unfortunately, I managed to rip the fabric/stitching next to the buckle on the lid of my Exos 46 during the Challenge - nothing terminal but certainly in need of repair.

On return from the Challenge I spoke with their warranty department in Poole and on Friday despatched the lid for assessment/repair.

The repaired lid was in today's post - back, neatly(and strongly) repaired and less than 7 days from start to finish. I was chuffed to see it was my old lid repaired, rather than a replacement - much more eco-friendly.

On the Outdoorsmagic forum I saw a thread knocking Osprey for not repairing a knackered sack - all I can say is that the folks at Poole were quick off the mark, very thorough and have secured the loyalty of an impressed customer (who also has Aether and Stratos sacks, which are pretty nifty too IMHO). Just goes to prove that lightweight doesn't have to mean disposable

Re: THREE CHEERS FOR OSPREY

I have an Aether sack that developed a fault a few years back. It was returned to Osprey by the retailer (Cotswold) and I'm pleased to say I had the same experience as you: good, quick service and a proper job carried out.

JJ

Re: THREE CHEERS FOR OSPREY

I had a fault with my Exos. They repaired it very neatly. Difficult to know there had been a problem. Good service.