​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ahem

Louise,

Great to meet you enroute and a great account of your crossing- how have you managed to get all that written down in such a short time?

Incidentally for the first time in many, many a year, I did not pick up a single tick.

Hope to se you next year if we both make it.

regards,

Colin

Hi Colin!
It was lovely to meet you and have a good chat, get that Achilles sorted!

You're right about the ticks, saw a couple but didn't have any attached, that I know of.

Far too much time on my hands and a birthday weekend slave allowed me to get the write up done. Sadly he's gone away again now, so I'll be emptying the dishwasher myself. Did I mention he's sorted all my kit too? All washed, dried and put away. Except the tent. Ahh, bless.

Oh and by the way, I would have won that bet, we finished at Montrose!!

Take care
Louise

Thanks Louise, great write up - even passed it on to a female friend who has not done Clallenge but considering doing the Challenge next year solo!

Thanks Robert! Oo, another solo female Challenge eh, there's not many of those around. I wonder why...?

Louise, you mentioned getting over the electric fence - I'd love to know the trick, as there are so many proliferating all over the place now. I suppose you can just lay a pole against it... don't know if I'd get it right, probably blow up my favourite Kohla stick!

Somebody else who knows better than me might be able to explain that one better.

Hi Louise!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your very entertaining trip report (but I don't seem to be able to comment directly on your blog, at least not with my wordpress ID).

It was really nice to meet you, hopefully your feet have recovered by now! Maybe our paths will cross again next year

And a belated "Happy Birthday" of course!

Nicole

Hi Nicole! Thanks for reading it.
(I have a feeling you can't post on the report itself, but back on the main blog you should be able to at the bottom of the post headed 'Read on!'.)
It was lovely to meet you in a place that was warm and dry enough to stop and chat. The feet are on the mend and I imagine our paths will cross again when you come off the high bits and find me in the bottom of a glen somewhere.
And I had a lovely birthday too, thank you.
Louise

Louise
I have a feeling you can't post on the report itself, but back on the main blog you should be able to at the bottom of the post headed 'Read on!'

I tried to post a reply on the "Read on" page, but it didn't work. After writing the comment and trying to preview it, a new window opened, saying "You need to sign in to wordpress.com to complete this process."

But after opening wordpress and signing in, the window with my comment had disappeared. I seem to have that same problem with other blogs as well, don't know what I'm doing wrong...

I believe there is a known problem with posting between Blogger and Wordpress blogs (and vice versa). You can find the details if you search the web for them - but the answers are not always helpful!

I find that it helps if I am already logged into Wordpress before I start to post my comment - although that does not fix the problem everey time. Sometimes you have to resort to leaving an "Anonymous" comment, but you can always add your name at the end. Also, if I remember, I copy the text I've just typed (highlight then Ctrl+C) just in case the nasty computer imps delete it; then I can easily Ctrl+V it when I have another go.

I enjoyed reading your account immensely, Louise. And comparing it with JJ's account was simply fascinating ...

Thanks Jeremy! I had a ball!! I can't guarantee JJ did, he was putting up with me!