​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Thanks everyone

Thanks, Jane. It was enjoyable to meet and walk with you and the others. I'll be back, if not next year, the year after.

Robin,

Very sorry indeed to hear that you had to pull out and hope your condition was not partly brought on by the endless, desperate circuits of Oban looking for the local Co-op shop!

Look forward to meeting up again on your next Challenge.

Colin

Thanks Colin, it was a pleasure to meet you and help to guide you out of Oban

The enjoyment of my days walking both with other Challengers and on my own more than offset the disappointment of getting ill and having to withdraw. As everyone says, the combination of stunning landscape and wonderful people are what make the Challenge so good.

I shall be applying again. In the meantime, Google Maps is good for urban navigation

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the write-up - enjoyed. Our paths didn't cross (I'm sure I would have recognised you in the Wiggie's waders and umbrella ensemble) but some good photos.

I've read the comments on your blog and think you were a bit touchy about the 'troll' - he or she may not have been making a personal dig at you but just expressing a different approach to the Challenge. After all, none us need to justify why we take part, or why we decide to abandon. If it was a troll, you've given them the satisfaction of biting, which suggests that they have touched a raw nerve?

Best regards Jules

Along with other bloggers, I do suffer occasionally from trolls. It's a risk when you write about personal things and issues.

In the interests of openness, I don't censor as I feel it is against the spirit of the Internet. It does mean that comments like *TBT* require a response.

If *TBT* is a Challenger then he/she certainly exhibits a very different attitude and spirit to other Challengers I've met and who have commented on my blog. Unfortunately, the Internet seems to throw up a number of Mr Angry types.

It was interesting to read that there were a record number of drop outs this year, which tells its own story.