Return to Website

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event docs etc at TGO Challenge Resources page 
Track the Class of 2014 at Social Hiking's Share Your Adventure page 
Queries? Contact Sue & Ali, the new co-ordinators

Forum: The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Thanks everyone

I had to pull out of the Challenge on Thursday with a stomach bug, but I really enjoyed myself up to that point, even stormy Sunday.

I'd like to thank those that I met with and walked with along the way.

In particular, the Fowkes family, with whom i walked on the latter part of day one, guiding me through the intricacies of Taynuilt , Lee Wells and Tony Bowe, who were a huge help on Tuesday on my long day to catch up with my schedule and to Stan Appleton and Emma Warbrick, who were good company. I also enjoyed the company of Jane Eggleston, Dave Godfrey and William Burton.

There are many others that I could mention that I met along the way. You've all given me good memories, where there could have been bitter ones over having to pull out.

I'd also like to give a little plug to the Dalwhinnie Bunkhouse and restaurant. Ron and Marilyn (?) were wonderfully hospitable to us all on Wednesday and Thursday. The food is incredibly good value. I hope they make a success of their venture. They deserve to. Dalwhinnie is no longer a black hole, but one where you can be sure of a warm welcome if it is on your itinerary.

Best wishes to all still on the Challenge. I'll apply again, although I may have to wait until 2014.

Email  
Re: Thanks everyone - by Robin Evans - May 21, 2012 6:50pm
Re: Thanks everyone - by Jane Egg - May 26, 2012 12:27pm
Re: Thanks everyone - by Robin Evans - May 26, 2012 1:45pm
Re: Thanks everyone - by Colin Tock - May 27, 2012 10:34pm
Re: Thanks everyone - by Robin Evans - May 28, 2012 10:24am
Re: Thanks everyone - by Jules E - May 28, 2012 10:10pm
Re: Thanks everyone - by Robin Evans - May 29, 2012 8:31am