​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bad weather a'coming Sunday 13th

Mountain Weather Information Service forecast for Scotland, this Sunday, paraphrased:

Wind westerly, 50 to locally 70mph, gusts 80mph, perhaps 100mph.

Considerable buffeting from low levels. Any mobility difficult and significant wind chill where exposed across the hills.

Incessant rain; frequently heavy western mountains, total rainfall will exceed 1 inch. Intermittently snow highest summits.

Constant low cloud – typical cloud base 300 to 600m western hills, 500 to 750m well inland.

Sunshine not expected… persistent fog on the hills.

2 or 3C at 900m

Freezing level: 1150m or above.

Take care folks – use FWAs where appropriate, grey matter all day!

Re: Bad weather a'coming Sunday 13th

Sounds like last year all over again. I remember the 36hrs of continuous rain on the first weekend only too well.
Almost glad I'm making cakes rather than doing the Challenge - but deep down I'd still rather be out there!

Ali Ogden
Almost glad I'm making cakes rather than doing the Challenge - but deep down I'd still rather be out there!

I agree with you Ali. I love watching those little SPOT-dots moving across the Highlands but many times every day I'm contemplating : "Where would I be now if I was walking there myself ?"

Theo

Lying in bed listening to the wind grab the trees and my new polytunnel I spare a thought for all those in the wee nylon hoosies in the glens.
Just woken by the rain drumming on the Velux, the cat wants fed, I'll need to do a Tescos for the week ahead, my feet are dry and if it gets a bit cooler like the forecast says the lecky blanket will be on at night. I'm afraid I find that much more attractive than a TGOC given the conditions.

I really really hope it perks up this week for all those on their routes and they are safe and sound (if a tad damp).

Never mind the winds were only 80mph, last year they were 100mph during the storm! Things can only get better and I hope they do.

What a day for a virgin Tgo. A proper baptism! Spending day in hostel in glen coe drying everything in their fabulous drying room. sun is out intermittently.tomorrow if the knees will allow,setting off from kings house across toward rannoch station. good weather & best wishes to everyone.