​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JUST BEFORE YOU GO...

In the fevered penultimate kip before the Big Off, I dreamed that I left all sorts of things behind (but obviously not the paving slab that has snuck into my rucksack). So, in an attempt to placate the great God of Mislaid Things, I have spent a few minutes labelling likely 'lost en route' items, such as walking poles, camera, mapcase etc with name and mobile number. You do realise that the thing I am most likely to mislay now is my mobile phone, so I won't be able to respond when someone finds my kit!

Any other 'wish I had thought about that earlier's?

PS I don't usually lose things but now just watch this space... You'll reckognise me on the hill - I'm the one with the Paddington Bear brown paper label which says 'Please look after this hiker'...

Re: JUST BEFORE YOU GO...

You can get lightweight paving slabs at Pavingslabslite.com
They also do ultralite concrete and bricks that almost defy gravity.
I likes a good patio on a wild camp, though... it does take extra effort, but it's somewhere to put the barbeque...and it does reduce the incidence of slugs.

Re: JUST BEFORE YOU GO...

I've thrown a few last minute "just in case" items in, something I haven't done throughout all my training.

Back up to 8.8kg then but I know I'll drop around 1kg of food each day until my next parcel.

Have a great crossing everyone, I'll be the one wearing mainly blue and orange at Queen Street for the 10:10