​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pack Weight

At last, my rucksack is packed and I am pleased to find that the bathroom scales show it weighs just over 10kg. That includes 500ml water, 3 days meals, 6 Landranger maps, about 5 days snacks and my camera. I've not included the clothes I'll be wearing (including my Paramo smock and Tilley hat) or my Pacerpoles.

All I need to add to the pack is 250 grammes of cheese, so I'm looking at a weight of less than 10.5kg.

All the "stuff" looked big and heavy when piled up, so it's a pleasant surprise to find that it all still fits in the rucksack and I can even manage to pick it up!

I have nothing but admiration for some of the weights being achieved. For myself, I am 14.5kg with food - may go up to 15Kg if I put spikes in (going over some high passes). Only consolation is that this is my third Challenge, and I am reducing the weight year on year! See you all soon (on the Sleeper tomorrow night - joining at Crewe)

Robert Ridgwell
I have nothing but admiration for some of the weights being achieved. For myself, I am 14.5kg with food - may go up to 15Kg if I put spikes in (going over some high passes). Only consolation is that this is my third Challenge, and I am reducing the weight year on year! See you all soon (on the Sleeper tomorrow night - joining at Crewe)

You'll probably find us in the bar Robert

8kg with 4 days food - no liquid though.

Good luck and have a great crossing everyone. Hope to see some of you on the way.