​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Going North from Laggan Stores?

The OS maps suggest that I should be able to follow an access road / footpath NE after stopping at Laggan Stores.

Google Streetview shows a sign that says "Mullachnabeinne and The Larches No Thoroughfare". The aerial photos look like I should be able to get through that way; does anyone know for sure if I can? I don't want to find myself in someone's garden if I can avoid it.

Maybe I should walk on the road to Gaskbeg before heading North?

Re: Going North from Laggan Stores?

Judith,

Can't help with your specific query but the last time I came this way the going along the N edge of the wood NE of Balgowan to intercept the Strath an Eilich LRT at NN645954 wa horrendously boggy and slow. I don't like road walking but would advise you might be just as quick to route all the way to Cluny Castle. Note also that the bridge at NN648984 had been washed away when I last came through and could present you with some difficulty if the Allt Madagain is high.

regards,

Colin

Thanks Colin. That's very helpful.

Hi Judith

I went across that way in 2009 and didn't find it bad. Just head across towards Binnein Mor and pick up the track from Cluny Castle. There were a few low wire fences - I could just straddle over them without difficulty and it was a little boggy in places but no worse than many other cross country routes. Certainly didn't receive any opposition from those attempting privacy en route.

Thanks Rod. As there's no problem with access I shall go the way I planned unless there has been an awful lot of rain.