​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: terra nova laser competition 1 man tent sale of field and trek

Go for it Jean!

I have the slightly (but not very) different Terra Nova Laser Photon ... for which I paid full price a few years back. It's a GREAT tent, and I wouldn't be without it.

Invest in a few good alloy pegs, though. The tooth-pick pegs it comes with look highly suspect to me, and I never use them.

(Which reminds me ... I'm meant to be posting them to Li-Lo to see if he can get any use out of them ... )

congrats jean, mine was £179 , 3yrs ago. the pegs are good , wind the elastic cord once around the peg to secure. they work by virtue of elastication , it does make the tent noisier with flapping tho.i camped in Strath Nethy '09,( maggie was blown over in Larigh Ghru) the pegs held except i have a bent section of tent pole. good luck.

They are great little tents Jean and very light.
But Jeremy is right about the little Carbon pegs.
Better to get a set of light alloy or Titanium ones.

I'll do that before the off, gentlemen - I need a trip across to Edinburgh for a few odds & ends (for example since Summits closed its shop here I can't buy gas in Dunfermline). Thank you all for the advice.

There are 12 little toothpick pegs in the set for the Photon.

Alloy pegs are sold in sets of 10 ... so you'll need to buy two sets and have a few spares. (I carry 14, just in case ... )

Having lost a couple of the original Laser Comp pegs when I camped up Snowdon a couple of years ago, I bought some better ones.

I still take my remaining toothpicks but also take a set of 9 titanium v-pegs. (It was a set of 10 until a drunken lout fellow Challenger tripped over one on Montrose campsite last year )

I use the v-pegs for all guying points, as they're under quite a bit of strain, but the toothpicks are usually adequate for the inner/outer pegging points.

Of course, the toothpicks are fine if you're camping on a smooth, perfectly flat patch of short grass ...... if you can find one!