​​​​​​​

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event documents here

Any queries? Email the coordinators  Sue, Ali & Mick at tgochallenge@gmail.com 

The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ok, What's wrong with Plockton??

Plockton has it's own brewery - some Challengers enjoyed an extensive (!) brewery tour last year.

It's also a Scottish music centre of learning excellence.

And it's a lovely place too!

JJ

I fancy the thing about Plockton is that it is crowded out by other start points - Dornie, Strathcarron and Glenelg. It is very difficult to chart a route from Plockton that doesn't foul a line you'd like to use from one of those other starts.

Of course, if you don't mind traversing the same ground twice on different Challenges, nae bother. But if you always want to try to go somewhere new, it's a challenge.

That having been said, I did once plot a spectacular crossing starting at Plockton. But when I came to try to break it down into days, it ended up a day too long. However, it was relatively easy to turn it into a viable crossing from a Dornie start ...

Plockton is a really lovely place that I will go back to again sometime for another stay. I was looking into starting from there but being a newbie and not as fit as I would like I decided not to add the extra miles and opted for Dornie.

i am moving northwards thru the start points and Plockton is next ( did Dornie last year , went thru Sheil bridge (out of Glenelg) but never started there until this yr.) i look forward to it but not the jouney to get there.

Let the train take the strain, Bill.....beautiful.