Return to Website

MESSAGE BOARD

THE CHALLENGE COMMUNITY, ON-LINE!

FRIENDLY ASSISTANCE AND ENCOURAGEMENT AVAILABLE FOR CHALLENGERS OLD AND NEW,

FROM FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING CHALLENGERS, NEW AND OLD

PLEASE USE YOUR OWN NAME WHEN POSTING. THANK YOU!

Download route sheets, admin forms, event docs etc at TGO Challenge Resources page 
TGOC13 SPOT Tracker map (courtesy of Adventure Trading Post)
Queries? Contact the co-ordinator

Forum: The TGO Challenge Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets!

Personally, I find this wild lottery as to the price that different folk will have to pay for exactly the same service an affront to human decency, and it is high time that our honourable Parliamentarians stepped in and restored sanity, and a fare structure that is both predictable and understandable.

Last time I looked, on Friday, the national rail enquiries website was saying that tickets for 26 May could not yet be booked. This morning I look, expecting that there should be a First Advance ticket to London for no more than £40 or so, only to be told that it will cost me £219!!

The best I can find so far is the overnight train, departing Montrose at 10.25 pm on Friday night and arriving at Euston at 7.48 on Saturday morning. I can have a First Advance on that for £35 apparently (but I shall have to sleep in my seat - not the best arrangement known to man) and will therefore turn a small profit on my booking at the Park.

This whole ticketing nonsense must make us an international laughing stock. And it's no wonder they couldn't work out a fair and sensible way to sell tickets to the Olympics, if they cannot even work out how to price and sell tickets for a bellding train journey!

Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets! - by Judith - Mar 5, 2012 5:45pm
Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets! - by John J - Mar 6, 2012 11:52pm
Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets! - by Judith - Mar 7, 2012 9:20am
Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets! - by Jean - Mar 7, 2012 9:35am
Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets! - by Judith - Mar 7, 2012 9:57am
Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets! - by Jean - Mar 7, 2012 10:16am
Re: East Coast Trains Advance Tickets! - by Theo - Mar 7, 2012 11:36am