295th Avn Co
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
295th Avn Co.

I hadn't been at Ft. Sill Oklahoma for too long having just returned form Viet Nam when they decided to split the company and move to Finthen Germany. I volunteered to go to Germany and in fact had also participated in Reforger 1 so you might say I got an advanced look before the company actually moved. I was a flight engineer on 18410 in Da Nang with the bulk of the 478th stationed at Red Beach just North of Da Nang. I don't remember the tail number of the aircraft I was assigned to in Germany but ETS'd out of the Army well short of the normal German tour. So you might say I wasn't there for too long. I then went to work at Sikorsky Aircraft at Stratford, Ct. as part of a 3 man flight crew. And while there my old aircraft 410 came through for flight testing having been overhauled at our Bridgeport plant. That was quite a thrill to see her again. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures while at Finthen but do remember the great times shared with friends. Especially the fun times in Frankfurt while off duty.