295th Avn Co
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
295th 1974-1976

I was stationed with the 295th from 1974 to 1976. I was a aircraft mechanic and then the avation tech supply ncoic. I was there long enough for the unit to ship out the CH-54s. I later joined the army reserve and went to Fairbanks Alaska and was surprised to find some of our aircraft in service there. I am in California now and still proud to see them used by the lumber industry and for fighting the wildfires.

Re: 295th 1974-1976

Great hearing from you Steve. I enjoyed my stay in Germany. I left in May of 1974. I don't know if we crossed paths or not. I was the motorpool TAMMS clerk the entire time I was there. Thats what I got for being a hook mech, in a Crane unit. Write back

I remember you Steve, I was in Flt Plt. Henery Keller was my plt sgt. I remember Jay Fullerton, Dan Hutchison, Martiniz, John Merrick, Dan Garza, and a lot more. Hope t hear back from you. My e-mail is rickeys49@yahoo.com and I am also on Facebook (Rickey Standridge)hope you see this

I remember all three of you, just cannot remember what you look like. I was stationed at Finthen in 1970 – 1971, and 1974 – 1977, I was with the 295th Aviation , as far as I am concerned, for my twenty years in the army, finthen was the best assignment I’ve had. Met many friends Germany and American both, enjoyed traveling, and really enjoyed the girls and the races.

Sure do miss Carl Redd, great guy, he was the crew member that was killed in the crash in front of the Flight Ops.

I was in the 295th at Fithen from 1974 to 1976, I can remember meeting a lot of good people and having a lot of fun. I can remember St. Edwards. I helped disaemble and load the aircrakt in to,I think it was a C-500 that left from Ramstine Airbase. I live in Califorina and see them flaying @ putting out fires, I can remember faces but not names but I am sure we must have met because of the time frame and such a small compainy anyway let me know

Tim Lamar

Tim;
Butch Rogers here. I was in the motor pool my tour in Germany. I left in May 1974 spent the rest of my service in Ft. Carson, Co. I was there last week, and don't remember anything from then today, plus the post is basically locked down as no civilians were allowed on base. I was living off post, so not sure when you arrived and if we did cross, probably did, if you came before.
Great hearing from you, write back anytime.

Hey Butch,
I was one of those guys that went and worked out in the morning so i did not half to go to morning formation. I remember getting the air field set up and ready for the car races , that was a fun weekend.

It's been forever since I visited this sight but I'm still seeking folks who may have served with and remember my father, CW Frank Cannon, Jr. I take it there were not many African-American CH54 pilots so he might have been more easily recognizable to some. He is an incredible man, even at 78yrs old. And he looks about the same as he did back in 1974-1977 when we were stationed at Finton AFB, Mainz GE. My father was recently honored in his local community in Kentucky for his service to his country as well as the impact he has had over the last 35 years he's been in Kentucky. I will try to find some pics and the article from the local paper and post.

I would like to thank everyone of you for keeping this page alive. And if anyone out there remembers my father and has any stories you can relate, please let me know.

Johnson Cannon

Johnson:
I would really like to see some of those accomplishments you dig up. If you can, give reference and I may be able to add it to the site for all to see. I left in 74 myself, so he may have came in about the time I left. I guess my memory isn't as good as I thought, but then things have really changed in the 40 years since I was in Germany. Hopefully more folks will see this, but if I can post on my site, maybe it will attract more attention and someone will respond that way.
Hope he is doing well, and continues in good health, as you and your family.
Charles "Butch" Rogers

Mr Cannon was one of my favorite people in the whole world while I was there. I believe I was the second female to be in the 295th, the first one didn't last very long (I didn't know her). I was in Flight Ops. Susan Murray. God you guys gave me the hardest time when I first got there. I remember everyone whose name is mentioned. Hutch and I were good friends. I miss those days sometimes. Finthen, then Manheim, Cranes, then Chinooks. I really had a blast and memories that will last a lifetime.

Hello, My name is Dan Mullins and I am the grandson of 1SG Calvin Mullins. I regret to inform you that he passed away on the morning of Feb 3rd in ABQ, NM. He passed away peacefully. I am trying to find ANY information I can find on this group. If you have any links or picture you can share I would LOVE to take a look at them. I have been to Butch's page but beyond that I can not seem to find any other information. Please feel free to e-mail me if you would like. Service will be held on April 21st in Kansas City, MO. If anyone is interested in making it to those services, please e-mail me and I will share more detailed information. Thank you gentlemen for your service.

Hello Susan,
You must remember me , we went on all the marches together and we participate in setting up for the races ,