295th Avn Co
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CH-47

Great site. I was one of the last 67X. We arrived fresh out of school only to find the Cranes replaced by Shithooks. What a disappointment! We were there 3 months and 224 chopped herself and Red (FE). The Flt. Plt. still had mostly Crane guys. Several quit Flt. Plt that day. When we moved to Coleman we aquired many 180th guys. Some were good, but as usual, some were undesirables that the 180th happily dumped on us. The unit got better over time, but I never got to experience the Crane. I left Germany in 1979 for a tour at Ft. Leavenwoth, Ft. Riley, and my final destination at Ft. Campbell. I left the Army in 1980, joined the Texas Army National Guard in 1986 and retired Jan 16th 2003. My unit was activated Jan. 25th 2003. I will post some pics soon.

Re: CH-47

your name sounds familiar
do you remember me

Tom, can't say I remember. It's been a long time. What did you do at the unit?

I was flight engineer.When I got there the company didnt know much about the 47s.
I was the only one without a crewchief.Bummer.A bunch of us went to Munich for octoberfest(great time).We also went snow skiing in the black forest.I was stationed in germany from june77 to june 78