295th Avn Co
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Mutual Friends

""Anybody know Frank Sias? Last known passin' thru El Paso, about 1981, comin' from AZ on a TDY- we went to 35Mike school together in '69. If you know and can contact him, please pass my address to him... ""

Wow I remember Frank Sias. I worked with him at the 273rd back in 77-79 where I was a 35K. It was my first duty station right out of AIT. Sias and Clifford Mapes were the old guys in Avionics that walked me thru those first months working on the 54B's. I left the 273rd in May 79 before the end came tho. I emailed Max Torrence a few times a few years back but lost contact with him but hope to get in contact with others who served in the 273rd

John Rivera

35K 273rd 77-79

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hey, GIs- Welcome Home!

Where were the 355th hootches @ Holloway - last ones just uphill from the fire station, same side o' the active, toward town? I was in the second from the end, with 52nd ABC Avionics, most of '70.

Jerry Varnon's a friend and my former landlord. I don't think he's

"online", but I can pass messages to him..

Anybody know Frank Sias? Last known passin' thru El Paso, about 1981, comin' from AZ on a TDY- we went to 35Mike school together in '69. If you know and can contact him, please pass my address to him...

Major Bryant, Carlie - I know you. I returned from Holloway in 71, asgd to 643rd TC, was determined to be excess as a 35M, and ended up at S-1, 21st Avn, as the Legal Clerk until I ets'd in 9/71.

I worked there for CPT Clyde Ford. He did his vbest to get me to reup and take the 6-stripe, but I just had to get back on the street. Funny, I got out a SP5, and went back as an E2 three years later, this time into Combat Arms, before 'Nam was "over".... Duh!

Anybody knows Frank, or wants to contact Jerry, buzz me up...

Best regards..

Tom

Re: Re: Mutual Friends

Hey, John - what a small world! I was just weeding out some old unused bookmarks on my 'puter when I came accross the one for this page, and clicked, found my posting about Frank Sias, and then saw yours.

Frank and I were the best of buddies thru AIT, and we lost contact when he went to 'Nam and I went to Sill. I ended up in 'Nam six months later, and couldn't locate him there. Then, in 1981, Frank looked up my Mom when he had a short layover at El Paso while

he was with a group taking '54s from Arizona to Ft Hood, if I remember correctly. My Mom contacted me and told me he would be at El Paso International Airport, and I went out and met him there.

After a short visit (he had to run 'em up) we lost touch again, and I have looked for him since. All I remember about Frank's pre-service life is that he was from Fayetteville, NC. I haven't found him in that area.....any guesses?? Or, are you in touch with anyone who might have a clue as to his whereabouts?

Frank was a good friend and a stand-up guy.

Thanks for the contact, John.

Tom Lumpkin

thl45@hotmail.com

Replying to:

""Anybody know Frank Sias? Last known passin' thru El Paso, about 1981, comin' from AZ on a TDY- we went to 35Mike school together in '69. If you know and can contact him, please pass my address to him... ""

Wow I remember Frank Sias. I worked with him at the 273rd back in 77-79 where I was a 35K. It was my first duty station right out of AIT. Sias and Clifford Mapes were the old guys in Avionics that walked me thru those first months working on the 54B's. I left the 273rd in May 79 before the end came tho. I emailed Max Torrence a few times a few years back but lost contact with him but hope to get in contact with others who served in the 273rd

John Rivera

35K 273rd 77-79

Replying to:

Hey, GIs- Welcome Home!

Where were the 355th hootches @ Holloway - last ones just uphill from the fire station, same side o' the active, toward town? I was in the second from the end, with 52nd ABC Avionics, most of '70.

Jerry Varnon's a friend and my former landlord. I don't think he's

"online", but I can pass messages to him..

Anybody know Frank Sias? Last known passin' thru El Paso, about 1981, comin' from AZ on a TDY- we went to 35Mike school together in '69. If you know and can contact him, please pass my address to him...

Major Bryant, Carlie - I know you. I returned from Holloway in 71, asgd to 643rd TC, was determined to be excess as a 35M, and ended up at S-1, 21st Avn, as the Legal Clerk until I ets'd in 9/71.

I worked there for CPT Clyde Ford. He did his vbest to get me to reup and take the 6-stripe, but I just had to get back on the street. Funny, I got out a SP5, and went back as an E2 three years later, this time into Combat Arms, before 'Nam was "over".... Duh!

Anybody knows Frank, or wants to contact Jerry, buzz me up...

Best regards..

Tom