Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New local history books in library

I noticed today that A-in-M library now has copies of the books on Garswood New Hall and The Lancashire Hussars Yeomanry Cavalry by local historian, David A Fearnley. So far as I'm aware they were previously only available in the old reference library over the History Shop in Wigan. Both are fully illustrated with lots of colour photographs and maps, and include full transcripts of -literally- hundreds of contemporary documents and newspaper articles, many otherwise only accessible by visiting the archives at Leigh, Preston and other places further afield. Highly recommended.

Town: Ashton

Re: New local history books in library

They were telling me in the club on Sunday night they now have the planes for the new develapment at Bryn/Landgate and they'll be posting them in the Doctors Surgery at Bryn of all places for anyone to look at

Don't know if this is right or not

Town: Ashton