Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Traffic Impact from proposals at Bryn/Landgate.

If more industrial units, 465 houses, a 450 car-space supermarket are built on the land between Landgate and Bryn Rd, what impact will this have on the traffic through Ashton?

Town: ashton

Re: Traffic Impact from proposals at Bryn/Landgate.

Some nice pics here - and a point well made.

Town: Ashton

Not many people in Ashton know about this. Just because they want to build it in Bryn doesn't mean that it wont have any effect in Ashton.

More HGVs for a start and the traffic jams at Bryn will have a knock on effect for all of us.

Not even got started on the increase in pollution.

If the proposals at Bryn get the go ahead all HGV traffic to it from the north will go through Ashton and Gerard St, all HGV traffic from the south will also go through Ashton because of the M6 junction layout. Ashton will become gridlocked. This has to be stopped. see www.keepbryngreen.co.uk for more details.

Town: Bryn

The developer is putting on a display of the proposals in Ashton library from the 14th to 24th of April.

For anyone who can't make it to the library but wishes to take part, I've posted some of the images and consultation details here, here and here. (I'm not sure if, by doing this, I've acted entirely within the rules of Flickr so might possibly be asked to take them down at some point.)

I'm surprised that the consultation isn't also running online. If you type in the url for the consultants' website -www.neamesutton.co.uk- you'll see that it's "coming soon", which seems a bit rum...

Thanks Clarkey.

Do you mind if I put a link to those from the Bryn Against Development Site?

No problem, Ashtoner.