Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
One more

Again not in Ashton but most will have seen it

Town: Ashton

Re: One more

Come on try it most will have seen it, clue is I hate that team

If you know let me know by giving me a clue to the building it makes others sick

Looks like no one knows this place, well it's the Gamble institute in St-Helens in the Town Hall square everyone must have seen it as it's only 5 mile from Ashton,

we used it as part of the mining college in 1955 before they built the new one across from Beechams

You may like to watch this short Video part 2 from Tesco's at Haydock to the car park in St-helens----> Here watch full screen

Didn't recognise the place Dougie. Even though it's only 5 miles away it's not a place I have visited on a regular basis.

Have a ride on the bus or car and have a walk round you don't have to go shopping there, don't let the Rugby Team stop you going because you don't like them, LOL

Looks a bit like Leigh town hall.

Town: Again.