Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Electricity/Gas suppliers

In an idle moment I fed my gas/elect usage into a price comparison site. I found that I could save £250 p.a. by switching suppliers. Then ,using a fictitious name, I fed the same details into my own suppliers website and found that they also could save me £250 p.a. As they recently told me that I am on the best possible deal I was surprised . I have e-mailed them asking for an explanation. I did try telephoning but gave up after listening to 25 minutes of truly awful music. A similar approach worked for me recently with my internet/phone provider who reduced my monthly fee with little resistance. So who knows?

Town: AIM

Re: Electricity/Gas suppliers

Nice one Amos... will have a look at that.

Town: Ashton

Nine times out of ten when you ask your gas/elect/phone/broadband provider for a deal because someone else is cheaper they will give you a new lower quote. I changed from Virgin to Sky because it was cheaper for what I wanted. When I phoned Virgin to cancel they said I could have had it cheaper than Sky if I had asked. I asked why could I not have had it at the lower price for the last TEN years was told cannot contact all our customers with the better deals. Told them they where ripping customers off because they still would have made a profit on the new deal but wanted a bigger profit off my existing contract. In life if your daft enough to pay it then they will let you.

Town: bryn

25 minutes on hold! I'd guess that your supplier must be British Gas.
My last three calls to them had me on hold for 33 minutes, 18 minutes and 25 minutes.

Town: Ashton

Got the following reply to my e-mail on the 14th November.

"We will respond to your enquiry within 5 working days

Did you know that ScottishPower was recently voted top for its online service in U-switch's bi-annual customer satisfaction survey.
So, as well as great prices we offer the best online service too!"

Yeah right-thats why I am still waiting.

Town: AIM