Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tyres darted on Heath Road

Has anybody else suffered tyre damage whilst parked on Heath Road? On two occasions in the past 12 months I have suffered damage to all four tyres at once. The first time it looked like the damage had been done with a dart. The second occasion it looks as though the puncture damage is caused by something bigger than a dart.

Without going into detail, I know for a fact that Heath Road is where the damage occurred and I am trying to compile evidence so that the police can take this further.

Please post on this forum if you have suffered damage or know of anyone else who has suffered damage

Town: Ashton in Makerfield

Re: Tyres darted on Heath Road

There seems to have been a large increase in anti social behaviour in Ashton recently, or at least certainly in the Bryn area. On the street where I live, (Sefton road), tyres have been slashed, wing mirrors have been kicked off and numerous fires have been started on the recreational area near Chantry walk. It's incredibly frustrating, because the kids who are doing it all live in that area and roam round in a large gang wearing hoodies, so you can never get a positive identification, and their parents always deny that their little darlings would ever stoop so low to do criminal damage. I'm considering installing CCTV myself, but I don't know if it will be of any use in getting a conviction of these little thugs.

There was a meeting concerning all the anti-social behaviour in Ashton in the YM on Hodnet street last week.

Town: Ashton

Just seen this, Ashton man hospitalised by large gang a couple of weeks ago, I remember that night because there was a large group of about 30 kids wandering around up here looking for trouble, and some unfortunate fella crossed their path: http://manchestergazette.co.uk/gangs-target-ashton-man/