Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
people

Thank you NOT for all the people walking and in their cars who came to my rescue yesterday morning about 11 45 when i fell over a raised pavement in Old Road in the pouring rain with my 2 year old grandson in my arms,black and blue but thankfully i cushioned my grandson

Town: ashton

Re: people

Sorry to hear of your fall-I hope you have taken this up with the council. Glad to hear your grandson was not injured.It is strange how some people these days do not come forward to help others. A friend of mine had a similar experience and slipped getting out of a car and onto the pavement. People stood and stared while others walked around her on the floor but no-one offered assistance. On the other hand I have heard of young people who have been very helpful in similar circumstances. As you say it's just some people.

Town: AIM