Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Kids Motorcycle

I have had an ask around John but there's only Abram one been mentioned.

Town: Ashton

Someone has told me of a bike shop in Chapel Street Leigh He also as lad about the same age who he takes riding.

He mainly deals in repairs ,servicing,parts ,new & second hand bikes,loads of off road clothing.01942-665229 ask for Levi.

Cown Quarry at Rochdale they have a special track for Juniors,
Phone No 07970101879,or check their Web Site.

Some more ideas put forward.

Here
Here
Here

Just go on ashton heath , that's what we used to do in the late 70s -early 80s on our Honda 50s it was a great laff , then some spoilsport / nosey neighbour would phone the old bill and they would chase us off, we used to escape down the railway lines either to golborn or haydock. This is what life is all about a bit of fun we wernt doing anybody any harm and we never endangered the public . Go on go for it , it never did me or my mates any harm.

Town: ashton

Sid times have changed and nobody now will put up with the noise and damage caused by a motorcycle and if the rider is caught the cycle could be crushed

Town: bryn

There is a safety issue too. Lots of people , children,dogs use the heath.

Town: AIM