Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Cold calls from "UK Today"

We've had all of those Amos, off and on. The calls from the international computer repairers stopped for a bit after I said the person they were after had recently died and pretended to be all distraught. One of them did, though, have the cheek to ask if probate had been granted yet and who the new homeowner was going to be!!

Town: Ashton

Had the usual Indian sounding chap cold call about my supposed computer problems just the other day. I passed the phone to my daughter who chatted with the man for a good 5 minutes. Seemed to make his day as was nice and nattered to her.

Also seemed to get a bogus paypal message saying I owed £29.99 for Skype charge. Click this if an error etc...Looked legit to start off with so no doubt folk will be caught out by this scam. Trust nothing in an email.

Town: Mount Pleasant

Report to WHO Ian?