Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Ash-in-mak Comm Forum

I agree with John W's comment and would just like to put on record my gratitude to the moderator for keeping things ticking over. The forum may have its limitations but it's my first port of call for local news, raising queries about the area and sharing stuff that I think might be of interest to other readers/contributors. We don't have much else these days to bring us together as a community. As recently mentioned, other social institutions such as walking days are fast disappearing. It would be a great shame if the forum went the same way.

Town: Ashton

I agree in so much that the website is pretty poorly maintained - but I still check the messageboard once a day. It's not as if the site is taking up much space. Can't really see how it can be improved either. Not a lot going on in Ashton that you can't find in the Wigan-based websites.

If 'peterp' had a hidden motive in starting this thread, he's succeeded in showing that lots of us ARE using the site. Congrats to Mr.Moderator (or Mrs?) for keeping it going for us all.

Town: Pit Pony Parish

No hidden motives just has I said apart from the message board every thing else in limbo would like more people to contribute to the message board

Town: bryn

Cant see what can possibly be gained by shutting the site down Peterp. ????

Town: ashton

I check the forum daily which has it's busy times and lulls like recently. It's clear quite a few check or read what's posted without adding much in terms of starting threads.

Town: Mount Pleasant

I still look in from time to time, not very often anything on

Town: Ashton

I hope not I have a right giggle reading the crap people are getting worked up over.

Town: a-in-m