Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fox

Up very early this morning due to partner's snoring, I opened the curtains to see a fox in our front garden. It saw me and crossed the road to sniff around in the opposite garden before proceeding up the street.

I often saw foxes in Croydon town centre when I lived there in the 1980s -would brazenly trot along the high street once all the office workers and shoppers had gone home- but this is the first time I've seen one so close to the centre of Ashton (we're about 2 minutes walk from Aldi).

Town: Ashton

Re: Fox

With so many fast food outlets in Ashton the urban fox has easy pickings and people will probably see more of them now

Town: bryn

Re: Fox

As you say Peter, I live on a fast food home run out of Ashton all the left over food and boxes get thrown all over the place instead of taking it home, even the sea gulls come down the street looking for food and they also seem to know the best days to come

Town: Ashton