Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rubbish bins

Frank from somewhere in NZ, that's like saying somewhere in England and they are both big islands, see if you can sort the place this photo was taken for us it would be a big help, also what as it to do with your thread that made me uploaded it,

(This is open to you all on here but don't just shout it out)

Town: Ashton

This old photo as now been on for the last 7 days so I may as well tell You all the place the photo was taken.

It's taken in the field just off Rectory Road, at Downall Green, looking to Lyons farm and the Mill Fields showing the Dam (Lake) before it was filled in and the old cottages just before you went round the bend, the two people in the photo are Mrs Dunn and her Mum that lived on Rectory Road,

I had a look Dougie but didn't know where it was.

So the houses at the back would be just on the bend?

Town: Stubshaw

Take a look at this photo of the Dam (Lake) closer up of Cottages,Farm with the Mill fields in the back ground.

Hi Dougie.

Sorry, but am I missing a trick here. What has this picture of the Dam Corner got to do with Rubbish Bins. When yo put the picture on the site a while ago you flipped it so that it was the right way round, all far too technical for me. Great news on the Latics win at the weekend. I have been at a RAFA Conference in Eastbourne and so had to wait till the evening to watch the match.

Robin.

Town: Maidstone

Sorry Robin and anyone else on here for the mix-up with the photo's, I was thinking the man "Frank" that started the thread about the bins could have been my brother-in-law, looks like I was wrong as he would have known from the first photo it was where they empted the bins in the 40s, the second photo was a reply to Ian about the cottages just before the bend