Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Where in Ashton-in-Makerfield

Please Miss,Please Miss I know, you pass them as you walk to the A49 at --------, but does anyone else know before I tell you lol,

Town: Ashton

Is it the Crippens Cottages near Bryn Hall Farm?

Om the road between Bamfurlong and Landgate.

I agree with Karin, I think its Crippens cottages on Bryn Gates Lone.

Whereabouts was this then?

Town: ashton

Is that in Stubshaw at the entrance to the club?

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Andrede thats a good old photo that I don't remember, but I think I've just walked passed it as it is today lol,was there a farm on the right of that photo in the 50/60s, I don't think "Ian" is right

By the way as any thread gets bigger to get to the last "New Post" just click the END key on your keyboard

Dougie, I asked the question whereabouts was it because I genuinely dont know! I have been trying to get some old family slides onto my computer and this was in there. If there are any more of local interest: buildings and such, I will put them on.

Seeing as it says Bryn Gates and the road seems to slope Im guessing it was somewhere near the brew into Bryn Gates or the Bonk?

Town: ashton

Ian maybe right, I was thinking of the building on Bolton Road across from Captains Lane, that's now the Doctors surgery and a house but I now know I was wrong

The co-op was 5 doors down from Bryn Hall Pub on the corner of 1st street.

This is meant to be another photo of Bryn Gates co-op but they do not match. Saying that, they are years apart.

[/URL]

Town: Hut