Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just a bit of fun

I've a few lol well allot of new and old photo's of people from the Ashton area that I've taken over the years some that are still with us and some that as passed away, could I try this out on here to see if you can put any names to the people on the photo's, you never know you may see Mum or Dad or even you Grandparents, some new photo's first

(1)  photo DSCF0012-2.jpg

This photo was taken by OY (Dved -----) he comes from Ashton A nice chap
(2)  photo StubshawCrossGardenOpening040909-11.jpg

(3)  photo DSCI0709.jpg

Both Landlords of pubs in "Aston Town Centre" and both still with us
(4)  photo b96f29b2.jpg

Town: Ashton in Makerfield

Re: Just a bit of fun

Can't see them now Dougie???

Town: Stubshaw Cross

I did delete the photo's, Who ever made the Ashton-in-Makerfield web site in the first place, then maybe added this forum at a later date was giving the people of Ashton the chance to talk with each other about anything Ashton,

I also think He/She would like to think it was also being used to help the people of Ashton by learning computer skills off each other and have fun at the same time,

I can see that He/She still works on The Ashton community part as the last up date off them was the 3rd April 2013 that I came across,

The photo's I upload are from my storage sit so use nothing off this site that's why I'm able to delete them, just uploading two old photo's the people knew that the photo's were being taken for the future and they did see them at the time you may also know some of them

photo 1299747794.jpg

photo 1299747760.jpg

Town: Ashton

Nice pictures Dougie. Keep them coming. I plan to add a few of my own collection once they are uploaded to photobucket.

In the meantime maybe someone can shed light on who this man is.

Town: Hut

Sorry can't help you with your photo, I do hope others will upload some photo's that may get us talking, thats if it's O.K. with them that run the site

Town: Ashton