Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ashton Baths.

Thank you for that Peter , it would have been in the first six months of 1976 that I went , so would this have been the new baths that we went to ? Thank you

Town: Appley Bridge , Nr Wigan

Rod the old baths split due to a fault under the baths and was covered over and used has a public hall for parties/bands/five a side footballetc.If you used the baths for swimming then this is Ashton leisure centre which is attached to Cansfield High School Old Road

Town: bryn

Thank you ever so much for that info Peter , you have sorted out a real mystery for me . I would have gone to the building to watch a Morris Dancing Competition ...... knew I had not been swimming there , but couldn't work it out .... " thank you "

Town: Appley Bridge , Nr Wigan

I can see Alan Jones the undertaker,now as the Old Road club across from where the old baths was to keep is funeral cars in,yet another club bites the dust,

He-He-He we are all right at our club "PeterP" where still going strong

Town: Ashton in Makerfield