Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Power Outage

Are you mad?

Well I didn't resort to talking to the wife, I just drank whiskey.

Town: Ashton

Apparently it is ****** thieving scum that broke into the substation to steal copper!

It's now been 16 hours, all our food is ruined and it's freezing!

When will these people just ****

Ashton is in a mess at the moment.

First no bins emptied and won't be emptied for FOUR weeks - which is outrageous soiled nappies etc waiting to be collected for FOUR weeks is outrageous.

No we have no electricity either and hardly any sleep due to various alarms being on / off / on / off.

Very inconvenient having no electric supply due to copper thieves,no heating for some,no kettles for others(baby bottles).Pity they did not get fried stealing the cable.Has to the bins not being emptied make sure there is plenty of rubbish in black bags to be picked up or the council will make it monthly collections if they see we can manage for 4weeks without a bin collection.How do we go on when next bin collection is due and bad weather stops the bins being emptied again then it will be 6weeks efore our ins will be emptiedufr3

Town: bryn

Apparently the Council has no money for unscheduled 'catch-up' waste collections. Oh well, only 2 and a bit more years of austerity to go. At least we're all in it together :)

Austerity? - Wigan Town Centre has black granite seats and yet more new paving. Meanwhile Ashton has bags of uncollected black refuse sacks everywhere all over the pavements.

And yet there is still 6 Million for Wigan Town Hall whilst there is no money for 'unscheduled' bin collections in Ashton???

Ashton is always last on the list.

I DONT BELIEVE IT!

How can this happen again exactly a week later?

And no info about it this time - or at least none that I could find. Do we know the reason? Ours came back on at 2.50am this morning.

Yeah, it must have been about that time.

The website just said damage to their equipment, again.

A friend of mine has sleep apnea and relies on an electrical machine to keep him breathing during the night. Fortunately he was able to decamp to Bryn but it's scary to think what could have happened. There is a warning on the side, "Not to be used in countries or territories where power supply is intermittent or erratic". Of course he was thinking in terms of Syria, Bangladesh etc...

He needs an UPS like they use to keep computers on.

I've change my town.

Town: azerbaijan in makerfield

Electricity North West say: "Our engineers arrived on site and repaired the original underground cable fault on January 26, but unfortunately there has been a second fault on the network on Thursday night.
Engineers worked throughout the night to restore power supply and are working through the day to fix the underground cable fault.We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you do experience any issues with your electricity call us on 0800 048 1820"

Town: AIM