Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Council Tax

Amos just checked my last few years bills I have always paid over 12 months.One month at xxxx amount followed by eleven monthly payements of xxxx amount,so will make no difference to me

Town: Bryn

if it went up then i wouldnt be shocked, after all labour put it up almost every year when they were in power, but thats that lot down to a tea, tax now pain later!

Town: a-in-m

At least we got services when they were in power, have you seen the state of our roads ECT. If you want to be a TORY go live down south with them CHRIS When was the last time you saw a traffic warden or Police officer walking round Ashton if you do take a photo for it will be worth a fortune.

Town: Ashton

Wigan is a labour stronghold so we cannot expect much aid from a Conservative govt. The opposite was true when New Labour were in power.

Town: AIM

It looks like Council Tax will increase bt 2%. The Council were offered a £1 million Government Grant in exchange for freezing Council Tax for 2013/14 but they have decided to apply an increase instead.

Town: AIM