Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Crazy Science Puppet Praise Party Duggie Dug Dug 6.10.2012

"The probability of Earth existing or any Earth like planet, anywhere, is so remote as to be not worth believing. "

This first sentence is nonsense. Should I bother reading on?

Given that there are around 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in our universe it seems highly likely that there will be other planets like ours.

I hope they are not teaching the kids this tripe?

Hugh Ross, (WIKI) "Ross believes that the vast majority of UFOs, flying saucers, and aliens can be scientifically explained, but for a tiny fraction of unexplained encounters they appear to be interactions with demons"

"Hugh Ross has been criticized by physicist Mark Perakh for crude errors and misunderstanding of basic concepts of thermodynamics together with misinterpretations of Hebrew words"

It's all nonsense. I wouldn't bother.

'Crazy' is right. These people are so deluded.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

So is Dougie Dug Dug Hugh Ross?

Is Dougie Dug Dug a creationist?

Town: Ashton

Duggy Dug Dug has a real name which is Douglas Horley. He is English and he lives in Surrey. Duggy travels all over the World performing, he performs a lot in Cananda, England, America and Tanzania. He is a Christian singer and song writer and performer.

Hugh Ross is a Christian Scientist. He is Canadian and lives in Toronto. He has wrote several books.

As far as I know the two people are not connected. I merely reference Hugh Ross to provide Scientific information when a poster criticised the Event that I had put on this Forum to promote.

Debate is good but insulting is not (reference remarks about deluded and tripe). Everybody should respect other peoples Faith or belief. Children and adults should be provided with information and permitted to make their own personal choice and informed decisions. People like Douglas Horley and Hugh Ross provide information to enable people make their own choices.

Duggy does it in a very fun, lively and entertaining way I have seen him perform twice previously and I have enjoyed it.

Does he put over the creationist view though Karin?

I am happy to respect other people's beliefs as long as they don't call it science and they don't hurt other people or proselytize.

It just is NOT science. The creation myth is not real life and trying to say it is and science is wrong is just ridiculous. Teaching children that instead of teaching them the truth is harmful.

That is why I speak against it. I otherwise am quite happy for people to believe whatever they want.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

"Children and adults should be provided with information and permitted to make their own personal choice and informed decisions."

Hi Karin

I don't think you should be castigated for your own views on this, and know you do lots of good in Ashton's community, but hope you possibly see that children do not really have a choice when told to attend and taught this kind of information by a trusted adult. They are vulnerable to believing anything at that age (Santa Claus eg), that's why the church etc targets them in this way. This is the reason for the strong responses from the others.

Keep up the good work.

Town: Mount Pleasant

I take it that it was a creationist show then.

Many of the congregation of St. Thomas's will not agree with that.

Why do they allow such a show to take place?

I don't know Karin and I know nothing about the Praise Party but c'mon folks she's just putting something on for children. Most people (myself included) are too idle or disinterested to provide entertainment for the young. To read what some people say you would think she was indoctrinating children in withcraft or worse. So what if some kids go away believing in an Almighty power who made the world as we know it? So what if you think that the chemistry etc is baloney? These children will grow up and make their own mind up like you or I did,So what if you think that it's all twaddle? Kids are subjected to far worse things than what is in this show.Karin was just issuing an invite if you are not interested ignore it.

Town: AIM