Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ashton Heath

What a short sighted and selfish comment. Yes, it is common land belonging to the town and therefore should be in part maintained by the council. Overgrown unkempt land attracts all the lazy people who dump their rubbish when no on is looking with no respect for the environment and the local residents. Who will clear the rubbish away when it gets really bad?????? THE COUNCIL. The cost of moving and disposing of the rubbish is a far greater cost than mowing the meadow, anyone who doesn't understand that is living in different economic zone than the rest of u

Town: Bryn

Well said Vic. Do it yourself he says-If I had a long enough extension lead I would get my little lawn mower out but it is a pretty large area. Perhaps this chap hasn't seen it.

Town: aim

Yes I have seen it many times and I bet the last two comments come from people who live near the Heath. Again people of Bolton Road raised money to get equipment as did stubshaw cross residents to look after there areas so what makes you any different. It's up to local people to stop the dumping of rubbish. Your giving the council a foothold into the land by getting them to look after it lets see if you are so verbal when they sell it for building on as they have been maintaining it? The land has been there for longer than you or i can remember so why are you now crying to the council for help. Do something about it yourselves and don't give the council a foothold, and before you say they can't just look at what happened to the Y.M.C.A. Field that's now a housing estate, and they said they couldn't do that. If you want that to happen just keep giving the council a way in, you'll live to regret it and this con dems government are going to help them do it!!!!!!

Town: Ashton

Ashton Heath mowed today - thank you

Town: aim

Did Nigel Ash do it? And, if he did, was he wearing his wellies?

Town: Bryn, Ashton in Makerfield.

i say build a tesco on it , it will create jobs and make the area much more pleasing to the eye.lets face it folks it is such a mess and an eyesore. ps i live near the heath [ mill st ].

Town: ashton