Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DUAL CARRIAGEWAY THROUGH FLASHES?

Good luck Mark.

Town: The Ancient Kingdom of Stubshaw Cross

DAVE WALKER

VIC THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME NO ABOUT JAMIE HOPE YOU ARE feeling ALOT BETTER AS WE ALL MISS YOU VERY MUCH AT THE THREE SISTERS DAVE

Town: BRYN ASHTON IN MAKERFIELD

Re: DAVE WALKER

I'm with Alan, lets not stand in the way of progress.

Re: DAVE WALKER

I recently discovered that there is a town in Derbyshire called Clowne.

Town: The Ancient Kingdom of Stubshaw Cross

Re: DUAL CARRIAGEWAY THROUGH FLASHES?

I feel compelled to post a comment on this forum, I can't believe the cynicism that I'm reading here. If you really want to be taken seriously then try being constructive and coming up with some reasoned arguments instead of just trying to shoot things down before anyone is given a chance. I love the flashes and the adjoing canal paths and regularly use the area, but we all have to recognise that Wigan has many problems (conjestion, housing, employment to name a few) some of which would be helped by this development. Having looked at the plan, I believe the area affected by this development would not have an overwhelming impact on the recreational area and would infact bring back into use an unused section. We should support people who want to bring some investment into the area instead of always trying to chase them out of town.

Town: Ashton