Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Danger of being a Pedestrian in Ashton

I actually emailed the relevant department about this regarding the location of the lollipop crossing outside the King's Arms and, although they can't move the lollipop crossing, they will consider putting up signs to warn motorists that there IS one. Nothing yet, though.
Always have to be extra careful coming out of Bryn St to go up Liverpool Rd.

the best thing to do is just treat all people (in cars or on foot) as idiots, just make sure your awake and all will be fine. I often think of how times have changed in the last 20 or so years, i was always told to look both ways or id get run over, but now kids can just walk out and motorists have to look for them!! It must work both ways! Bring back the bloke that looked like elvis! hahaha

Town: a-in-m

My children are taught to look both ways before crossing a road.

The reason for this thread is that pedestrians who are on a PAVEMENT are in danger of being run over by cars outside Ashton Jobcentre. The pedestrians do not 'just walk out' they remain on the PAVEMENT.

To infer that people are 'idiots' is unhelpful I only hope that nobody does get run down on the pavement outside the job centre as my daughter nearly did!!

I can understand what Chris means although I wouldn't quite put it the same.

If you treat other drivers as if they don't know what they're doing then you are ready for any outcome.

Don't think Chris was being offensive to anyone just using it as a strategy.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

correct, i just mean that aslong as you are aware of what is going on then you can be ready for anything that may happen. And as that spot is a bit of a bad one, just make sure your aware of this when on that bit of the street.

Town: a-in-m