Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Parking Fine

That is what I have read, if you dont reply and have no correspondence then you are not accepting any Contract, they can I think try to take you to court but I dont know of any case were they have. Generally what happens is people will pay so they write off what is not paid. I dont know enough about the law but I guess they can specify a contract and ask for payment when you are in breach of this but legally they cannot enforce it. Other types maybe illegal to start with so they dont do them.

Town: Ashton

I realise this is an old post but yesterday I received an parking fine for parking on ashtons co-op car park stating that I parked on there for 5 hours (limit is 2.5 hrs) when in fact I went on the car park twice, hours apart on the same day!

Do I ignore or write to them explaining the situation?

Heard of this happening before on there Emma.