Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
On Parking Fines

On the subject of Parking Fines. Who makes the decision say for the Gerrard Centre to decide to Fine people? Who owns the Land on which the Car Park stands?

Why are there restrictions on the Car Parks when the Shops are closed? For example Aldi overnight.

Has anyone noticed that Aldi have left gates open since this charging? Does the Gerrard Centre close its gates now or are they left? Maybe they still do for security.

A worse problem you whould think at Aldi and the Gerrard Centre is all the people using the Disabled spaces who are not disabled. Why dont they do something about that. Not disabled myself but it does really annoy the crap out of me.

If you can prove you used one of the shops why cant you stay beyond the 2 hours?

When I was fined we had a word with Aldi they said they couldnt help, so I dont shop there any more.

Town: Ashton

Re: On Parking Fines

Be aware that the market square is FREE parking all day but Garswood St itself is restricted to ONE hour free parking only

Town: bryn

Never knew that peterp. Been parking on there for years. When did that start?

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Ian not sure exactly but at least 5yrs ago

Ian looked at street photos on wiganworld from 2003 restriction plates visible on these photos