Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Onward march of Tesco

It seems Tesco will not be happy until they have a shop adjacent to every residents house. We shall all be beholding, working for their profits and spending our wages in their stores. Hang on a minute... I forgot that you could work there for free!! happy days.

Surely this wont be allowed to happen so close to a school and a major junction? Make some calls Alan.

Town: The ancient kingdom of Stubshaw cross

Re: Onward march of Tesco

money talks tesco will be like the proverbial ethnic joke soon have a shop on every street corner.I am led to beleive the oddfellows car park does not belong to the pub and was only rented to the pub,If no car park where will customers park?Tesco dont care about local residents or traffic congestion or road safety,All they see is more profit and either Wigan council have their hands tied or big brown envelopes come to mind.This is the 3rd tesco which could be sited on a unsuitable spot look at Bolton rd or Whelley both sites a recipe for a Accident to happen.Most Tesco stores open 6-00 till 23-00 but what times outside these hours are deliveries made?and what impact does this have on local residentsTESCO dont care.

Town: bryn

Tesco will close all our local shops!

Joe bloggs buys his bread from the local shops, great. Joe Bloggs needs to buy some meat, he uses the local shops, great.
Tesco come along and for convenience Joe Bloggs thinks, I might as well get them both from Tesco!
DON'T LET CONVENIENCE RULE....keep supporting our local shops, they work hard to provide a personal service and they appreciate your custom, so keep using them, don't let Tesco win!
Life will become very shallow and sad if there is no variety.

Local shops you are great....

Town: Ashton

Re: Tesco will close all our local shops!

I'm all for a Tesco in Bryn. Local shops are more expensive. In this current economic climate, I cant afford it.

Thanks Tesco, shopping my become a little cheaper now.

Town: Bryn ward

Re: Tesco will close all our local shops!

i always shoped at asda, but after working it out i get it for far less going to ashton and windy arbour farm for all my shopping, and best of all, tesco dont get my money. people are far too lazy these days to just go from one shop to another for things.

Town: a-in-m