Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
phone scam

Received a cold phone call from some ethnic woman saying They had detected a number of viruses on my computer and they could get rid of them?I asked was it the MSRA virus the novavirus or the plain old flu virus which could be treated with domestos or dettal.She hung up I wonder why hee hee?

Town: bryn

Re: phone scam

I also had a cold call from a gentleman offering loft insulation. I told him he had got through to a squat and said "Peace man" he persisted and asked did I want loft insulation. At this point I felt slightly guilty.I, despite our lousy weather and financial difficulties, am far better off than these people who are most likely earning a pittance. Yet are proud that they speak quite good English and can rise from their poverty using their English.
None the less I had to terminate the call, as I thought some one in our country will make the fortune, not some one a reasonable living in the Indian sub continent. I just wonder in a generation or two when they pull the purse strings, as they will, how they will treat their old imperial masters. I will have moved to that call centre in the sky by then, thank God.
Alan

Town: Br/ash