Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
deed of covernant

Bryn rec and Ashton king george v playing fields both have deeds of covernant on them.Could anyone tell me what the main stipulations of the deeds are?Can the deeds be cancelled by not abiding to the deeds?I wonder because the council have taken the goal posts on both sites down so the areas cannot be used for the purpose that they where designed for.Also a few years ago the play area was moved from the ashton site to jubilee park.

Town: bryn

Re: deed of covernant

They planned to build a road across it not so long back so they must know a way to override the covenant.

Makes a mockery of covenants really... what's the point of having one if it can be ignored?

Town: Stubshaw Cross

I too noticed that the goal posts had been taken down, I asked Gary Wilkes about this and he said that they would be going back up in the football season but this as far as I know hasnt happened, strange isnt it because it now seems as though the field is just being used by dog walkers?

It couldnt have anything to do with the new Health Centre, could it?

Town: Ashton

I was involved in trying to change the mind of the YMCA when they sold off the field that had been deeded to them at the back of Hazelhurst and th bottom of Belvedere Road in the early 90's. In similar circumstances the field had goal post that had been up as long as we had lived in the area (since early 70's) but were taken down; the grass wasn't cut, they couldn't afford to have the football lines marked out either. After a time they justified selling it by saying that they needed the money to build a better building and that the field was only used by dog walkers. We got a copy of the deeds but a lot of the info was "blobbed" out so they didn't make sence anyway.

Town: Town Green