Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: family history.

Thanks for your help and advice re my Forster family.You have found Charles Forster d.1788 aged 41. This is my ancestor, but as you can see from the date of death, he was born in 1747.I found the birth, and he was the son of John Forster,but I have had no luck with John.I have been trying to find out more about Scholastical for years, and the name seems to occur quite often in the St.Helens region.Surely it must have been a family name.The birth was right too,even though she is refered to as Scholastical in the filiation document she was actually christened Lassey.On the LPCP I found a death for Lasse Forster in Blackburn. Even though it was around this period, the dates don't tally,although it could have been somebody misreading a date perhaps.Thanks again and I'll follow your advice and try Wigan.

Town: consett, co,durham