Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: daft speed bumps!

Dont forget Gerard st is a 20MPH zone.When is the last time anyone did more than 20mph along this st.Inbetween the cars parked for the kfc/bank at one end and the cars loading from the carpet shop at the other end not much chance of getting out of 1st gear

Town: Bryn

Does anyone else find the lights on the pedestrian crossing STUPID, I am referring to those for pedestrians. Nationaly a small fortune has been wasted only to make things
dangerous. One large person stood in front of the green signal and no one else can see it. The best idea was in Spain where there is a count down for the time remaining for pedestrians to cross.
Alan

Town: Br/Ash

Personally as a pedestrian I miss the bleeping. I have to tell one of my children to put their hand on the spinny thing that is for the blind people cos I can't see the green man when there's a crowd waiting to cross and no bleeper to tell you when to cross either.

what a joke! if it aint broke!

Town: a-in-m