Return to Website

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum

This message board welcomes open and friendly debate on matters relevant to Ashton and its history, and the publicising of local events, activities and facilities. Please read the board rules before posting.

Extracts from this forum and other material have been brought together to provide a local history from the contributions of members.

Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thieves

Watch out for the "Rag & Bone" wagon coming round. They were found putting someones property in the back of their wagon on Saturday. No asking or door knocking just taking it without consent. Thieving in other words.

I am sure not all are they same and do not intend even to suggest it but yet again it will be the bad few that give them all a bad name.

The registration of the wagon was given to the police who came 2 days later and said they can do nothing.

The police did say that if they knock and no-one is in then they usually have a mooch round the back to see what's there.

Town: Stubshaw Cross

Re: Thieves

Funny you should mention this, my eldest son was having some work done and put an old cast iron bath on the front with intentions of doing something with it, he got a note pushed through his door to tell him that the scrap people had taken it and they hope that he didnt mind!!!

I came in late from work on Thursday night to find a load of radiator boxes dumped in front of my back entrance only to be told by my neighbour the next day that the 'rag and bone' men had driven down the backs (dead end) that afternoon and was questioned by one of the neighbours what they were doing. This happened between 2.30 and 3.30pm, unfortuantely he didnt get the reg plate

Town: Ashton in Makerfield